This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) describes how Clinical Research Malaysia (Company No.1006282-X) (“CRM“) uses your Personal Data. This Personal Data Protection Notice is issued pursuant to the requirements of the Malaysia Personal Data Protection Act 2010. This Notice sets out how we collect and deal with your personal data subject to the specific terms and conditions that may apply to you depending on the nature of the commercial relationship in existence between us.
CRM is referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” or “ours”. Any person using and accessing this Site, the Content or the Services is referred to as the “User”, “you” or “yours”.
By communicating with us, using our services or by virtue of your engagement with us, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data by us as described in this Notice.
We shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Websites. By continuing to communicate with us, by continuing to use our services or by your continued engagement with us following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, birth certificate number, passport number, nationality, address, telephone number, fax number, bank details, race, gender, date of birth, marital status, resident status, education background, financial background, personal interests, email address, your occupation, your designation in your company, your company details, the industry in which you work in, any information about you which you have provided to us in registration forms, application forms or any other similar forms and/or any information about you that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by us from time to time and includes sensitive personal data such as data relating to health, religious or other similar beliefs.
In order to provide our services to you, it is necessary for us to process your Personal Data for the Purposes and Additional Purposes outlined below.
In addition to the Personal Data you provide to us directly, we may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:
- Fill up and completing application or registration forms or any other similar forms via online or otherwise (i.e. Investigator Registration Form, CRM Full Feasibility Submission Form, CRM Volunteer Database Request Form, Patient/Volunteer Registration Form, CTA Submission application etc.)
- When you register at the Site(s) as a user;
- From publicly available sources such as directories,
- From social media platforms’ pages, if you subscribe, follow, like or are a fan of such pages;
- From credit reporting agencies;
- When you interact and communicate with us at any events, activities or through social media platforms;
- By using CRM website;
- Your personal data may also be collected from cookies used on the website;
- From our server logs when you log into the website, such as details of internet protocol address; or
- From telephone log information when you call us, such as your telephone number.
We may use and process your Personal Data for business, and administrative purposes of CRM which shall include, without limitation the following (“the Purpose”):
Where you are our customer:
- to process your registration or subscription of our services;
- to perform our obligations in respect of any contract entered with you;
- to provide you with any services you have requested;
- to process your participation in any events and activities organized by CRM;
- to process payments relating to any services you have requested;
- to develop, enhance and provide services to meet your needs; and
- to process changes to our services.
Where you are an agent, vendor, supplier or service provider:
- for the purposes of engaging you to provide services or products;
- to facilitate or enable any checks as may be required by us in order to engage you;
- to process payments for charges and taxes of the products or services that you have provided to CRM; and
- to contact you or your company.
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Notice;
- to maintain, improving or enhance the delivery of our customer service;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- for purposes of investigation, detection, prevention and prosecution of security breaches, crime or fraud;
- for us to comply with its obligations under law; and
- to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
By using the Website and our services, you agree and consent that we use, process and store your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified in this Notice.
We may also use and process your Personal Data for other purposes such as (“Additional Purposes”):
- To send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges, festive greetings from us;
- To notify and invite you to events or activities organized by us or our partners; and
- To process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity;
by way of postage, personal delivery, courier service, e-mail, call or message either through electronic devices or mobile applications, or any other platforms on the internet.
Your personal data may be transferred, accessed or disclosed to third parties for the Purposes and Additional Purposes. Further, we may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to such service providers or third parties. The third parties referred to in this Section include (without limitation):
- Our partners and advertisers, which include parties with whom we collaborate with for certain events, programmes and activities;
- Event management companies and event sponsors;
- Marketing research companies;
- Service providers, including, information technology (IT) service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
- Professional advisors and external auditors, including legal advisors, financial advisors and consultants;
- Governmental authorities to comply with statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements.
Please notify us in writing if you wish to withdraw or revoke your consent from our use and process your Personal Data for the Purposes and the Additional Purpose as stipulated herein.
If you wish to unsubscribe to the processing of your Personal Data for Additional Purposes by us, please click on the link “Unsubscribe” which is embedded in the relevant email in order not to receive any email in the future.
You may submit your complaints, request for access to and/or request correction of your Personal Data, request to limit the processing of your Personal Data for the Additional Purposes and/or make any inquiries regarding your Personal Data by contacting:
- Designation: Personal Data Protection Officer, Legal & Regulatory Affairs Department
- Address:D-26-06, Menara Suezcap 1, KL Gateway, No. 2 Jalan Kerinchi, Gerbang Kerinchi Lestari,59200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone Number: +603 7931 5566
- Fax Number: +603 7931 9940
- Operating Hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm from Mondays – Fridays (excluding Public Holidays)
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, we have the right to refuse the your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your or another person’s privacy.
If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Website, you may deactivate cookies by adjusting your internet browser settings to disable, block or deactivate cookies, by deleting your browsing history and clearing the cache from your internet browser.
In some circumstances you may have provided personal data relating to other individuals (such as your spouse, family members or friends) and in such circumstances you represent and warrant that you are authorized to provide their personal data to us and you have obtained their consent for their personal data to be processed and used in the manner as set forth in this Notice.
CLINICAL RESEARCH MALAYSIA
D-26-06, Menara Suezcap 1
KL Gateway, No. 2 Jalan Kerinchi
Gerbang Kerinchi Lestari
59200 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603 7931 5566
Fax: +603 7931 9940
Disclaimer | Personal Data Protection Act Notice
In The News
- CRM successfully conduct the Research Proposal Writing Workshop
- Congratulations Oncology Department in HKL!
- Press Statement DG of Health 29 May 2019 – 72nd World Health Assembly
- [VIDEO] Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri 1440H
- [WATCH] Study Coordinator Career Development
- [VIDEO] MRVR (Medical Rehabilitation Virtual Reality)
- [WATCH] Administrative Work | Study Coordinator Services
6 August |8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+8
19 August |8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+8
22 August |8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+8
29 August |8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+8